Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby Knitting

I thought I would get in some baby knitting since I am always caught out waiting to hear if a friend/family member has had a girl or boy and then, of course, there's the time taken to decide what to make and then to make their gift. My sister-in-law is pregnant so I thought I would get ahead of the game and make a baby stash. All this lovely baby gear is making me want another one!!
These booties are from a free pattern on Ravelry - Saartje's booties - I've made a few pairs before but in Vintage Purls Sock - colour 'Scarlet Oak' purchased from Joy Of Yarn in Greytown they are by far my favourites.


This wee elephant is so cute... I knitted him in a varigated 'bella baby' yarn I picked up in a Spotlight sale - another free pattern - Ala and Ela.
This is a blankie crocheted from another baby yarn from Spotlight - I just crocheted a rectangle of double crochet and then made heaps of basic crochet squares to go around it.

I've also managed to finally wear one of my first machine knitted projects over the weekend - a shawl that doubles as a scarf so can be worn year-round. I never added the tassles that I had planned.



1 comment: